Enter Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your one week free trial here.
CALGARY, Alberta, Aug. 31, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — Black Diamond Group Limited (“Black Diamond“or the”Company” (TSX: BDI), a leading provider of workforce space rental and accommodation, today released its first Corporate Responsibility Report. The report details the company’s commitment to environmental, social and governance issues and is a key part of how the company continues To create a better way for its stakeholders.
“We are delighted to announce the launch of Black Diamond Group’s first corporate responsibility report,” said Trevor Haynes, President and CEO of Black Diamond Group. “Since our inception in 2003, we have strived to be a leader in conscientious operation, through responsible use of resources and reliable compliance with local regulations. Additionally, we have always sought to give back to our local communities and create a meaningful impact in the communities in which we live and work.
Black Diamond’s ESG program, as described in this report, is centered around the company’s mission – Creating a Better Way – and focuses on key strategies and initiatives designed to support long-term sustainability, such as:
- The environmental benefits of modular construction
- The environmental and social benefits of effectively managing crew travel
- Maintain a culture of safety
- Maintaining a positive relationship with Indigenous communities across Canada
- Honor sport as a force for good in communities
- Celebrating Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Black Diamond
- Adhere to high standards of openness, integrity and accountability
- Establish an initial inventory of Scope 1 and 2 emissions and intensity
The Black Diamond Group Corporate Responsibility Report is the culmination of the work of all team members, who work together to ensure that we deliver results we can be proud of. We believe that our team of the best and brightest minds in the industry can recognize the excellence and continued commitments in this report while continuing to hold each other accountable for continued progress in environmental, social and governance disciplines.
Among the many highlights listed in detail in the corporate responsibility report, some focal points include:
- Environmental impact of project development: We had no incidents of non-compliance with environmental permits, standards and regulations in 2021.
- Environmental Management Plan (EMP): We have an EMP in place that helps us identify, assess, mitigate and monitor the environmental risks of our operations. Considerations under this plan include energy and water efficiency in the operational phase.
- Aboriginal Relations: We strive to foster strong relationships with Indigenous communities and have successfully formed six equity-based partnerships with Indigenous communities across Canada. These partnerships have delivered significant economic benefits to the communities in which we operate.
- Staff health and safety: We have a record of zero incidents resulting in fatalities and are working diligently to manage our total recorded incident rate, with a goal of zero safety incidents. In 2020 and 2021, our TRIF was 0.35 and 0.56 respectively.
- Strong business ethics: We are committed to high ethical standards, which includes that we do not and will not operate in countries that score low on Transparency International’s Corruption Perceptions Index.
- Diverse and inclusive workplace: The Company is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for all employees and believes that a successful team can only be built by measuring objective performance goals and merit; regardless of age, sex or ethnic origin.
Black Diamond’s corporate responsibility report is guided by the standards of the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board, or SASB.
To view Black Diamond’s first Corporate Responsibility Report, visit this link: https://www.blackdiamondgroup.com/BDG/media/media/ESG/2022-Corporate-Responsibility-Report.pdf
About Black Diamond Group
Black Diamond is an industrial rental and services company with two operating units – Modular Space Solutions (MSS) and Workforce Solutions (WFS). We operate in Canada, the United States and Australia. MSS through its main brands, BOXX Modular, Britco, MPA and Schiavi, has a large rental fleet of modular buildings of different types and sizes. Its network of local branches rents, sells, services and provides ancillary products and services to a diverse customer base in the construction, industrial, education, finance and government sectors. WFS, through its primary brands, Black Diamond Camps and Black Diamond Energy Services, has an extensive rental fleet of modular accommodation assets of all types and sizes and a liquid containment asset fleet and solid. Its regional operating terminals lease, sell, service and supply ancillary products and services, including turnkey operated camps, to a wide range of customers in the resource, infrastructure, construction, recovery disaster recovery and education. The WFS business unit also includes the Company’s wholly-owned subsidiary, LodgeLink, which operates a digital marketplace for business-to-business lodging, travel and crew logistics in North America.
Learn more about www.blackdiamondgroup.com.
Jason Zhang at 403-206-4739 or [email protected]. To sign up for news alerts, go to https://www.blackdiamondgroup.com/investor-centre/news-alerts-subscription/.
Jonathan Stringer at 780-733-1788 or [email protected].
Source: Black Diamond Group Limited